Andy Kehoe has been inspiring my drawing style ever since I stumbled upon him my freshman year at Suny Cortland. He uses repetition and the theme of animal versus nature throughout his illustrations. I am drawn to his made up animal creatures, and animal people because they are unique and seem to have a certain personality. When I begin a drawing I try to think like Kehoe by using repetition, geometric shapes, and even the way he uses color; dull, hazy, and earthy.


So loving that you put Andy Kehoe on here! I can really see where you take inspiration from him - particularly in what you did with your fibers pieces. You might hate me for saying this, but you were really successful with embroidery - it also works well on paper. You may want to pursue it on drawings and prints. . .
ReplyDeleteDon't kill me for saying so!
hmm I really enjoyed embroidery. Its not a bad idea, I never thought of doing it on paper. and I don't hate you for saying so.
ReplyDelete